Thursday, September 16, 2010

Freeze Frame!

As part of Loki's Room Redo, I created a photo college for her wall. The college contains 100 4x6 photographs I have taken over the years (actually 98 of them were taken by me, one by my Mom of Lex at birth and one of Loki a birth taken by Mad Dog). The complete piece is 40x60 inches.

The photos contain textures, things, food, places, animals and portraits. Among the photos are friends (Michael, Steve, Miles, Finn, Gretchen, Mary and Harper) and family (Sean, Tiffany, Kevin & Brent) as well as US! The photographs were taken in Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Jersey, Florida and North Carolina. They also date back as far back as 2003 and as recent as September 7, 2010.

It looks amazing and will give the kids ton of fun play "eye spy" different things and remembering when the photos were taken. I had a lot of fun sorting through old photos and find images that would work best with that I had already found. It also gave me a recent chance to practice framing shots of still objects and textures.

This one is finished and hanging, but Mad Dog and I have a feeling we will be making a smaller one for Lex's room. Guess I should start shooting!

No comments: