Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hearing Voices

One of the things I hope my children truly inherited from me is my imagination. As a child I found myself escaping into it from the boredom of everyday life. I had imaginary friends, places to escape to and adventures.

I have already found this spark in Lex. Today I listened to him playing in the other room with invisible versions of this daycare friends. He was playing with his little friend, Catherine. I think he was pretending they were playing Batman. He was telling Catherine that Loki was Robin. They had been captured by the Joker and were trapped in the new tent the kids got this weekend. It was very cute to listen to him. He was getting very into it. I like the thought that he has this spark in him. It helps him play by himself and be creative.

No comments: