Thursday, December 17, 2009

Irrational Mother Shreds Christmas Cards



If you're not aware of this, I have 2 children and a step-daughter. This is something I feel I must put in print because I don't think everyone is fully aware of this fact. Most importantly my Father-in-Law. I know I spoken of this before and to be honest I'm mainly writing this now because Mad Dog is currently speaking with him and I'm trying not to ripe the phone from his hand and scream "DO YOU REMEMBER YOU HAVE OTHER GRANDCHILDREN!"

Since Gabrielle's arrive he has phoned twice inquiring about her. I think this is all fine and grand, I'm glad he can take time-out to check on his granddaughter who comes and visits from 983 miles away, but he hasn't seen the 2 grandchild who live 48 miles from him in 5 months. Need I say more.

Oh, I will. Today we received not one, not two, not three, but four Christmas cards from them. That places the cost of cards and stamps at about $9.88. Taking into account the average cost of gas in his town, the average gas mileage his car receives on the highway (seeing the Mass Pike is the best way to get to us), the miles to us - he could have come and visited (round trip mind you) them 1 1/2 times.

This is just information for anyone wondering how I really feel. I know I might sound irrational, but I think I am truly done with this now.

No comments: