Sunday, December 20, 2009

Imagine if Jesus had Been Named "Bob"



Was just watching the trailer for Evangelion: 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone on Amazon. Have to pick it up when I have the time and cash. Mad Dog happened to walk in while I was watching it. He thought for a moment and then said, "You know even with her being a year old, she isn't an Asuka." He was of course referring to to Loki. That was going to be her name Asuka Langley. Yes, I know strange.

This exchange between Mad Dog and I got me thinking. Is Loki not an "Asuka", because she's a "Loki" plain and simple? Would she have been more fiery if we had gone through with Asuka, would her temper be ten-fold from what it is? Does she have the mischief look in her eye because she was blessed with the name Loki and does she take after her namesake in some way? Please always say we're in for it, because we named her after the Norse God of Mischief - but would we have been in for it still if we named her Mary, Sara or Heather. Is it our genes combined that have created personality that is manifesting before us? or Is it some kind of curse handed down from Grandmother and Mother to Daughter for past tantrums?

Don't get me wrong, I love my Daughters personality. She has one! Which is saying a lot. Most children don't develop personalities for a long time, but both Lex and Loki did very early on. Each of them is their own person and they are developing even more each day with their interaction with one another and the world around them. They are independent I'm happy to say - which is not something I can say for Gabrielle. They are self reliant even at this age, which makes me feel confident in their future.

No comments: