Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Fried it, Because I Could!

What can't you fry? I think there are a lot of people out there with a fryer and time on their hands to be very honest. There is deep fried ice cream, cupcakes, pickles, cheese, candy bars and much much more. Honestly just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Yesterday our travels took us to the Big E in Springfield, Massachusetts. On entering the fair I noticed right way all the signs promising fried goodness (and illness I'm sure at the end of the day). I started to take photos of the signs to document some of the crispy, golden treats the Big E had to offer. I'm sure there are worst things that could go into those home Fry-Daddies, but until they serve them at the Big-E I don't know to know.

 If you don't know what Butter Balls are, you probably don't want to know. Really! It's make up of Butter and Cream Cheese and then coated in seasoned breadcrumbs. Can you feel your heart bursting? (Thank you Paula Deen!)
 Now why hasn't Jelly Belly thought of that flavor?
 Veggies huh? Why do that when there are so many other ways to make them. It's just wrong.
 Cheese sticks are not enough.
 This monster is the Craz-E Burger. Okay might not be dipped and fried, but just wrong all the same. Take a burger, bacon, gooey cheese and place it on a grilled glazed donut.
 A fair staple. Mad Dog had his and it made him very happy.
 Do you still dip these in milk?
 Going back to the whole veggie thing - you don't need to do this. They are fun-gis all on their own.
 Okay. I have to say Sweet Potato Fries - this is fried goodness.
 Yummy, but is it necessary?
Kind of wanted to stop here. Should have, really should have.

No comments: